54th International Fair Of Agriculture And Food
54. INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF AGRICULTURE AND FOOD AGRA – FRUITS OF SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS AND BREAKTHROUGH EXPERTISE
This year's AGRA Fair will be in Gornja Radgona, at Slovenia's crossroads with Croatia, Austria and Hungary, and will pay special attention to the International Year of Legumes. Hungary will be the partner country, with national and regional presentations given by many other countries.
Agra will present all that we need for the production of health-friendly foods and in a way friendly to the environment, as well as top class produce, nutritional products, dishes and wine. The most prominent state, chambers, economic and professional institutions are cooperating in the exhibition spaces and in the preparation of professional events and the presentations.
Organic farming and foods, forest and timber management, and agricultural techniques for safe and environmentally friendly farming will be joined by presentations of animals in stalls, in the arena and at professional events. On show will also be Slovenian autochthonous breeds of animals, cattle, horses, pigs, sheep and goats, beekeeping, small animals, pond fish and Karst shepherd dogs. All who deal in agriculture professionally or as amateurs will be attracted by the presentations in the central fair garden, a permacultural garden, a Gain subsistence garden and exhibition field in which will be displayed not only legumes but also other vegetables, grass mixtures, edible corn, industrial hemp, herbs and aromatic plants.
An oasis of green business opportunities will also be the plantation of hops, a selection of Slovenian vines, old varieties of apple trees and a forest park plantation.
Accompanying the AGRA Fair will be valid expert consultations, professional and social gatherings, markets, tastings, competitions and entertainment events.
The biennial 20th International Fair of Packaging, Packing Techniques and Logistics, INPAK will run at the same time.
* PARTNER COUNTRY: Hungary is presented within the organization of the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary under the slogan "Hungary - Nature and Tradition" with national parks and state forest enterprises. Different Hungarian companies will be present at the fair within the frame of the Hungarian National Trade House, which helps businesses to find appropriate business partners in the international market, as well as with the introduction of their own brand "Áldomás". Hungary invites you to hall C3!
* Zagreb County: presentation of the projects and products of Zagreb County for Europe
* County Chamber Sisak: presentation of business entities, promotion of Croatian exports, promotion of foreign investment
* Belarus: presentation of products at the National Exhibition of the Republic of Belarus, the Belarusian food products, agricultural and chemical industries
* The Republic of Serbia, AP Vojvodina: promotion of products "Best from Vojvodina", the agricultural-food industry and promotion of tourism under "The Richness of Diversity"
* Poland: promotion of Polish-Slovenian economic cooperation
Interesting novelties of this year's fair:
- Pomurje Day with a presentation by the Pomurje secondary schools (High Schools Community of Pomurje, TV AS), an entertainment program for young people (Murski val) and the presentation of rural youth (Association of Slovenian Rural Youth) Partner in the event Zavarovalnica Triglav - Day of Slovenes Abroad
- Day of TV Idea with a presentation by the central Pomurje television TV IDEA, Sobotainfo.com, IDEA to purchase and autumn television scheme
- Day of Ekoci Green design - presentation of awards winners of the competition for the selection of the most innovative clothing made from natural materials
- Day of Exhibition Gardens with tastings from Agra's kitchen and harvesting of produce in the gardens
- Auction of young bulls
Daily presentation of the Posavec horse breed, shows and demonstrations of horses at work and in harness, show of a wedding according to old traditions on Tuesday
CONNECTING WITH SLOVENES ABROAD
The Government Office for Slovenians Abroad will commemorate its 25 years of liaisons with neighbouring countries and Slovenians around the world already at the opening ceremony of the AGRA Fair. They will present Slovene cultural groups from Carinthia, the Raba region, the Province of Trieste region and Gorski Kotor. In the exhibition area MKGP, Agroslomak will have an information stand. Slovenes from the Raba region will separately mark their fair day on Monday, 22 8. 2016.
Agra will present excellent crops, livestock breeding, wine-growing, fruit growing and forestry machinery, tools and equipment, food and wine, organic food, seeds and seedlings, resources for human and plant protection and animals, equipment for the food-processing industry, wine production and viticulture, products for sustainable construction and the use of renewable energy sources.
The Slovenian food industry will play an important role; it will present particular branches, such as cereals, wine production and fruit growing with collective performances.
MEET4BUSINESS MATCHMAKING EVENT
Romania through Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development encourages the promotion the quality of Romanian products. The associations in the field of traditional products, of mountain areas, of European quality systems invite you to "Discover the traditions and customs from Romania".
REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
Presentation of trade and economic potential of the Republic of Belarus and National Exposition members